Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Bit of a Pickle

I know how to do lots of stuff in the kitchen. But there are definitely many more things that I still need to learn. Today I'm going to pickle something... other than my liver. I've never done it before but I'm up to the task. You'll hear all about it later. I've got so much work to do.

I'm doing the standard cucumbers, of course. Additionally, as I was researching the art of pickling, I ran across a recipe for pickled Brussels sprouts (on www.seriouseats.com), so I'm going to tackle those, too. Just for fun.

(give me strength...)

update: What a freakin' mess! And, ouch, boiling water is HOT! Other than that, all went well. I can't eat the Brussels sprouts for two weeks, but the bread and butter ones will be great in just a couple of days!! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Dad makes exceptional pickles. Ask him if he has any tips.

    ReplyDelete