Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blech.

In a somewhat bizarre twist of fate, just as my blog about dogs and food gets started, I actually ended up eating dogfood today.

Lil Finny was having some tummy troubles last weekend and his vet put him on a new diet for a bit. He usually eats dry kibble that I doctor up with chicken broth or beef stock or the water tuna is packed in. Now, however, he's eating the delightful stuff pictured here. It's mostly rice and turkey and pork liver. While I like rice, turkey and pork, in this form is it quite unappealing.

So, this morning I took a spoon and scooped some of this stuff out for my little guy. It's kinda sticky and gloopy so I had to use my finger to slide it off the spoon. And then, I quite absentmindedly decided to clean the dogfood off my finger by putting said finger in my mouth.

This is not a mistake I'll make again.


No comments:

Post a Comment